Wednesday, September 1, 2010

About this blog

I like walking. i have walked 10, 20, even 30 kms at a stretch and felt great about it.
Its not about exercise... atleast not entirely.
It is a freedom.
I consider walking as my 'trace' of what i mean, when i consider to be free.

When i'm in a hurry to get somewhere or go meet someone in an unfamiliar place, i hop onto an auto. Off-late, i've not been hailing for one as much as i used to, for i dont like being taken for a ride, or being overcharged by tinkered meters and then having to waste my time going through unnecessary arguments for what was meant to be my correct fare. I know there are enough people who feel the same.

I liked the notion of the 'Meter Jam' strike that happened 12th Aug '10, against the auto drivers (i find the next one is on the same date on Oct). It helped empower the local passengers as a group, for the first time, to the idea that collectively a stand can me made to
(to be continued)


how it started..
vivian..
experiences with autos..
what you can do..
rik rdrivers are already phone savy..
not far from them being internet savy too..
reputation building..
only good experiences to be posted..
we have enough bad ones we can get reminded of..

No comments:

Post a Comment